This Policy outlines how we at Pulse Energy collect, use and disclose your personal information. We may amend this Policy from time to time, and any changes will be posted on the Web Site and will apply to activities and information on a going forward basis. You are encouraged to review this Policy on an ongoing basis to make sure that you understand how any Personal Information you provide to us will be used.
This Policy does not apply to third party web sites to which we may provide links, and Pulse Energy does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of third parties.
What is Personal Information?
"Personal Information" is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced and includes your name, email address and other personal contact information, but does not include business contact information.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Personal Information – We may collect such Personal Information as your name, email address and other personal contact information, and may use this Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you concerning our products and services;
- Responding to questions or requests you submit;
- Providing and improving our services to you;
- Analyzing and optimizing the Web Site;
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements;
- Managing the employment relationship with our employees; and
- Notifying you about changes to our services and sending you offerings of new products and services.
Your Choices for Personal Information Collection and Use
We only collect Personal Information that you provide to us, either directly, or when using certain features of our site (such as registering with us, signing up to receive newsletters etc.). Unless you otherwise inform us, by providing us with your Personal Information you consent to our collection of your Personal Information and our use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
We will not collect or use Personal Information for purposes other than those described in this Policy unless we have obtained your prior consent. If we propose to use Personal Information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for those other purposes.
You can decline to submit Personal Information or withdraw your consent (such as by unsubscribing to our newsletters) at any time, in which case Pulse Energy may not be able to provide services to you.
We only disclose Personal Information to other companies or individuals outside of Pulse Energy in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent (we require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive Personal Information);
- To our subsidiaries, affiliated companies;
- To third party businesses or persons for the purpose of processing Personal Information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures;
- We disclose certain Personal Information to Google Analytics to help us analyze the use of the Web Site;
- We have a good faith belief that access, use or disclosure of Personal Information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (c) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of, Pulse Energy, its users or the public;
- As required or permitted by law.
- To another entity as part of a merger, a sale of assets or all or part of a business, or any other corporate change or re-organization.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us against unauthorized access or disclosure.
We restrict access to Personal Information to Pulse Energy employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information in our control is accurate and complete.
We will retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes stated above, as required for legal or business purposes or as required by law. Subsequently, we will destroy, erase, or make anonymous such information. However, we will retain for at least one year personal information that has been used to make a decision about a client, customer or employee.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
You may request access and/or corrections to your Personal Information. We will make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
If we reject your request for a correction, we will make a notation of such request and rejection on your file or Personal Information. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, or would jeopardize the privacy of others.
Enforcement & Questions
Pulse Energy regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Pulse Energy’s treatment of Personal Information by contacting our privacy officer at email@example.com, or by writing to us at: c/o Pulse Energy Inc., Attention: Privacy Officer, 600 – 576 Seymour Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6B 3K1.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Pulse Energy’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints that cannot be resolved between Pulse Energy and an individual. If you are located in British Columbia, you may also contact the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia at P.O. Box 9038, Stn. Prov. Govt., Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 9A4, tel. (250) 387-5629, fax (250) 387-1696.